LG launched LG Q6. It was already rumored for some time. The device is priced at Rs. 14,999 and will be available exclusively at Amazon India from tomorrow.
LG Q6 has been announced in 3 color variants – Astro Black, Ice Platinum and Terra Gold. However, Terra Gold variant is not available for this sale.
The USP of the device is the screen and display. The Q6 comes with 5.5-inch FHD FullVision Display with a screen resolution of 2160 x 1080 pixel and 18:9 aspect ratio. The display of the device has been kept intact just like LG Q6. However, other features have been trimmed.
Under the hood of LG Q6 is octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 processor in which half of the cores are clocked at 1.4GHz are others are clocked at 1.1GHz.
It also has Adreno 505 GPU and 3GB RAM. In the storage section, there is 32GB internal storage and up to 2TB external storage. LG Q6 runs on android 7.1.1 Nougat out-of-the-box.
The device is a dual SIM device which supports 4G VoLTE connectivity. Other wireless connectivity options include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, A-GPS, USB OTG, 3.5mm jack slot and FM Radio. Unfortunately, there is no fingerprint sensor in the device. But there is face recognization feature which kind of makes up for it.
In the camera front, the device has 13MP rear camera with LED Flash and 5MP front facing wide-angled camera for taking selfies.
There are a couple of interesting launch offers on LG Q6 – 50GB additional data for Jio customers, one-time free screen replacement within 6 months and Rs. 3200 freebies in games.
In the box you will find LG Q6, Charger, Quick start Guide, Stereo Ear Microphone and USB cable.
Previously, the news on this phone was dubbed as LG G6 mini. It seems like LG is trying to make their phones like Samsung and Apple and follow their traits.
Just like the upcoming G7 and V30 looks quite similar to each other. Likewise, launching a cheaper variant of the premium phones is so Samsung and Apple!
LG Q6 will come with a model number M700. G6 comes with 5.7-inch whereas LG Q6 will come with a 5.4-inch display.
Being a budget variant, LG Q6 will have a single 13MP camera on the rear side. Also, the device will come with 3GB RAM instead of 4GB/6GB RAM of G6.
There is no news about the chipset of the device. It should be a mid-ranged one, keeping in mind the price bracket.
The aspect ratio of the device will be similar to G6 i.e. 18.5:9. The screen-to-body ratio will be below 80%.
Here are the specifications of LG G6:
- 5.7-inch screen with IPS LCD display
- 1440 x 2880 pixel resolution (~564PPI)
- LG UX 6.0 UI
- 148.9 x 71.9 x 7.9 mm
- 163 grams
- Front panel – Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Rear panel – Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- IP68 certified – dust/water proof over 1.5meter and 30minutes
- Always-On Display
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 821
- Quad-core (2 x 2.35 GHz Kryo & 2 x 1.6GHz Kryo)
- Adreno 530
- 4GB RAM
- Internal Storage – 32GB/ 64GB/ 128GB
- External Storage – up to 256GB (uses SIM2 slot)
- Dual 13MP rear camera
- HDR Video recording, 2160p
- 5MP front camera
- Video recording at 1080p
- Dual SIM (GSM/ HSPA/ LTE)
- Wi-Fi, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Bluetooth v4.2
- FM Radio
- USB 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB OTG
- Sensors – Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Non-removable Li-Po 3300mAh battery
- WPC&PMA Wireless charging (US Version)
- Quick Charge 3.0
- Mystic White, Astro Black, Ice Platinum, Terra Gold, Marine Blue, Mystic White
Are you buying the LG Q6 tomorrow? Let me know in the comments below.